Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is the big holiday in our family, so I spent most of the week getting ready for the big day. And here's what we had!


Yes, that is two kinds of stuffing on the plate there -- cornbread stuffing at the bottom and sausage stuffing at the top. All of the produce (yams, potatoes, chard, cranberries) came from the farmer's market. That delicious slab of protein in the middle there is Field Roast's hazelnut cranberry roast en croute.

Not pictured: pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie, apple-cranberry pie, macademia creme, vanilla coconut milk ice cream. The apple-cranberry pie (made by my friend Sarah) was one of the very best apple pies I have ever eaten -- and certainly the best apple cranberry pie I'd ever had. Yum! In fact, the only apple pie to rival this one is the apple pie that my Aunt Karen (for whom the blog is named!) would make every year at Thanksgiving. If I can't have that one . . . well, this cranapple pie is a delightful substitute!

2 comments:

  1. And it was SOOO yummy! My mama would be proud of your amazing culinary skills. Thanks again for making such wonderful Emma-friendly food! It means a lot to me! Oh, and also thanks for making such a beautiful and adorable child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, emma!

    & you are welcome! i'm so glad you enjoyed it. it was wonderful to see you! maybe we'll see you again soon?

    ReplyDelete