Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rice Noodles with Tofu and Broccoli in Peanut Sauce

I had entirely forgotten about the two small heads of broccoli that we got this week from the CSA, until P reminded me on the way home from class. Broccoli is my very favorite vegetable, so I was super excited about all the dinner prospects before me. I decided that I wanted something relatively quick and easy, since I was tired from teaching for four hours. But I also wanted something tasty that would use up our sweet, sweet broccoli.

Ultimately, I decided to make the first meal I ever made for P, back when we first started dating. It's also one of my favorite meals, though I don't make it all that often for some reason. On top of all that, rice noodles cook super quick -- so it would all assemble pretty quickly.

After pressing the tofu, it was cubed and fried in peanut oil until the sides were a nice crispy golden brown. The broccoli got thrown in with the tofu once it had browned, then everything was tossed with the cooked rice noodles and the peanut sauce. Quick, easy, tasty!

1 comment:

  1. yum!! broccoli with pasta!! my fav! i'll try it this week, not sure if i can get peanut oil thou, but in any case, broccoli is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete